Christmas is coming! I am so excited to share my list of Christmas gifts for toddlers from small shops around the world, freshly picked for you. I am also honored that this post, along with many other customized gift lists, is included in this treasury of gift ideas for babies and toddlers from Chocolate and Chaos!
For Christmas gift giving this year, I know you want to find high-quality, meaningful selections for everyone you love. As we prepare for the Christmas celebration, we are all busily trying to find thoughtful presents, along with making visits, going to children’s activities, and all the other elements that make this season so busy and full of cheer. So, in the interest of mindful and simple gifting, I am turning the focus to small shops.
Shopping handmade for your Christmas list has several advantages. Your gift recipient will receive a unique, high-quality item with tons of thought and love poured right into it, into every stitch and in every grain. You truly can feel confident in the quality of your handmade picks, since every creator and small business owner takes pride in and has invested their reputation in the items their customers receive. Best of all, often you will be treated to personal touches like customizing your item or opening it to find beautiful hand-tied gift wrap. And of course we’re supporting small entrepreneurs, often moms or dads, for whom every single sale matters so much!
This year is a wonderful time to support small business with our Christmas shopping. This isn’t always possible (and I highly recommend educational board books as gifts as well!) but often the perfect gift is waiting for you in a small creative business, it just may take a little searching. So I have done the searching for you! Sit back, enjoy a warm cup of cocoa, and browse through these ten finds, my favorite handmade Christmas gifts for toddlers from small shops. Some of these links are affiliate links, so I receive a small commission if you purchase an item through my link. Thank you for your support! Here are the goodies I’ve found for you to check out and consider for your Christmas gift list:
- Macrame Teethers from Tangled Gumption on Etsy.com. These are simply gorgeous, and crafted out of natural and pure materials. The style and design of these are altogether drool-worthy. They would be a gorgeous natural gift for babies up to 18 months!
- Wooden Balancing Toy from Wandering Workshop on Etsy.com. This gorgeous wooden toy is a thought-provoking balance and stacking toy, with a touch of adventure in its design. The materials used are certified non-toxic and come in a sweet box right from the creators. This can be personalized too! I recommend this for children 1-3 years of age.
- Vibrant Pom-Pom Mobile made by Macvilho and sold by The Little Market. The Little Market specializes in ethically sourced products, supporting and empowering women who are artisans and small business owners. This gorgeous piece, and the other vibrant colors it comes in, will delight any baby or toddler in the nursery or playroom.
- Wooden Play Kitchen from Elves & Angels, sold at Wild Dill Kids. This is simply a very beautiful wooden play kitchen, a brilliant gift to encourage the imagination. Wild Dill sells organic, fair trade, and natural products and I love their selections! This gift is great for ages 1-5, and even beyond.
- Mini Sacha , along with a sweet bunch of other dolls, each unique and really stunning, from LespetitesmainsS on Etsy.com. I have included one of my favorite dolls here, but her creations sell out quickly! I highly recommend any of these truly beautiful dolls for children age 1- 5.
- Animal Necklaces from Squirrel & Fink These are cute and unique accessories for young children. I personally love the Wild Animal Collection. There you’ll find a baby zebra, a fennec fox, even a chimpanzee, and more! These are really for ages 3-5, and should always be worn or played with under supervision!
- Wooden Off-Road Adventure Set by Smiling Tree Toys on Etsy.com. These are a sturdy and attractive gift for toddlers who love to pretend they are driving off on an adventure. These toys will be treasured as parts of pretend play, and parents can be confident in the natural and safe design.
- Crochet Veggies and Tote Set from Freja Toys on Etsy.com. These bright and adorable rattles are one of my favorite sets for babies! Freja Toys uses all-natural and safe materials, and creates their pieces (they do nursing necklaces, too!) with professional, beautiful quality. This cute set would be a sweet gift for babies from newborn to 2 years old!
- Wooden Shape Sorter from Bannor Toys on Etsy.com. This truly beautiful shape sorter, which you can personalize, is a work of art. Babies will love the educational game of shape sorting, and this toy will last for years to come.
- Natural Tree Blocks from Bella Luna Toys. These are some of the best imaginative toys for toddlers and even older children. These blocks encourage building and pretend play. They are all-natural and non-toxic. The age group for this gift is 3 – 5, as small parts can present a choking hazard. For younger children, and more toys that help teach toddlers, visit One Sharp Mama‘s list and browse her picks.
- And of course, I always love to recommend our very own baby puzzle balls! These balls are completely organic right down to the thread. They are designed to delight and aid in baby’s development, with contrasting colors, and a grab-able structure. These balls promote fine motor skills as baby holds the ball, and gross motor skills as he or she learns to roll and throw the ball, too. These balls are a lovely organic gift for babies from newborn to 3.
These Christmas gifts for toddlers are just a few of the treasures I’ve discovered while browsing and exploring shops all year long. I always like to save and list items I think would make beautiful and thoughtful gifts. For really custom-tailored ideas for your family this Christmas, look back through some of the items you’ve liked on Etsy or the posts you’ve double-tapped on instagram. It is so much simpler to work with what you’ve known and discovered all year when this busy, jolly season really takes off. If you find yourself searching fruitlessly for ideas, feel free to send me a message and I can recommend many a friend and her small handmade shop. Every shop owner will be deeply grateful!
If you are travelling for this Christmas season, try my friend Ann’s list of travel gifts for toddlers for a present that is both custom-tailored and useful!
And remember, there is the excellent resource of the Ultimate Baby and Toddler Gift Guide, found here. You will find this list and many more in this treasury of gift ideas for babies and toddlers, so stop by and take a look!
Have a wonderful time shopping for those perfect gifts!